Hi Idle when warm

5

Asked by Mar 08, 2015 at 06:58 PM about the 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2 Dr STD Convertible

Hi all I have a 2006 toyota corolla xrs engine in my 01 mr2 since my old one was done. im using a 2001 celica ecu. when cold it ildes at 2k rpm(normal). when warm it idles at 1500 rpm. I do not have a cel on as well. when cold the engine starts up after like 2 cranks. when warm the car hesitates to turn on after i go to the store and park it or just turn off and on. ( only when warm). Ive cleaned the IAC. TPS is working and the MAF is good too. i dont know what else to check. there dosent seem to have a vac leak as well.

240

is there a check engine light?

240

idle air flow control

240

o2 sensor

5

there is no check engine light on and the idle air flow control is the IAC. is isnt the problem. O2 sensors are new

240

if ihe needed cleaned and you cleaned it with no change it could still be a problem, mass air flow sensor has a hot and a cold sensor if the hot is not working properly,you may need a new one, how did you rule out mass air flow?

Best Answer
5

Its a new MAF sensor its been on the car for about 3 months. and i used my sisters cars maf (same car and year) and its the same.

5

still dont know what it can be so im guessing i need to recheck the vaccum connections

240

try your sisters iac

240

then we can rule that out, and suspect engine temp sensor, has it always done this with current ecm?

240

assuming thermostat works

5

I have not ruled out thermostat so that might be an issue but it never goes beyond normal temp and always comes up steady with no crazy jumps to normal temp. Yes it has always done this but i thought it was the cooling system since i did a coolant flush. But after the purging it was the same. I tried to loosen the nut that stops the butterfly from closing to see what happends and all i got was the same idle and a sticking throttle after the car sat for about 3 hrs without use. So i set the bolt back to factory setting and got a bit frustrated.

240

test the charging system, if the fan coming on draws too much juice, it could cause the high rev to compensate, might need alt.

5

Thank you so much for suggesting stuff it helps to have a different mindset

240

hope it halps

5

The alt is good. I have a back up incase. The fans do work after it gets hot. Like when i push it hard on the fwy and i get off to go into a drive through. It sits at normal and the fans kick in. Then they turn off within like 20 seconds or so. I turned on the ac to see if the idle comes up a bit and it does as well

5

Ill see if i can post some youtube vids so you guys can see the morning one and a warm one.

5

I have solved the problem. The tps wireing is not the same for a newer 2zz than the older. Due to the swaping of the 2 wires of the tps. That is normal on the swap. The newer engine using wire harnes i had needed all 3 of the tps wires switchedthank you all for the help and hopefully this will help other people