Anyone have electric window issues. My passenger side just stopped

Asked by Apr 05, 2013 at 05:36 AM about the 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2 Dr STD Convertible

My passenger side window suddenly stopped working anyone have exoerience with this. Friend says probably switch but access to it is going to be interesting in center console. Radio antennae does not work automatically either even more difficult to access.

It could be the swtich, or maybe it's the motor in the door that failed. The radio antenna could be broken, the nylon cable in the antenna assembly sometime break from within. Did this happen at the same time? If so maybe it's a fuse. I'm not familiar with the MR2 fuse layout.

Good morning Tom ....excellent, accurate answer, as usual. Kick panel

under hood

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful. to see better

This site does not like the green, but it's how they appear

SWAP top and is underhood

mornin' fellas--you know about the 'lock out' where only the driver's side is allowed access? perhaps the MR2 has this entirely mechanical lockout.

Morning back at ya. No, i didn't know that, not a clue, Thanks. The Missus home yet?

the antenna is powered? having trouble picturing this on a car so small.

Judge, what are we doing on the west coast at this time of day? I woke at 2AM and sat here for an hour paying bills online, then checked in to Hotel CG

none of my Toyotas have had a powered antenna. methinks this is a ruse~

Ah... that will do it.

Holy crap that would have given me a heart attack

Hotel CG, H25?

Sounded like the p/w controls were on the center console and would not use a dis-abler mechanical interference switch if this were the case, think they are mostly put there to stop kids from monkeyin' around with the power windows...makes no sense on a 2 seater....scratch mechanical lockout...cannot for the life of me think of where a long powered antenna might be placed on a mid- engined vehicle such as this-

Hotel CarGurus. my 'home' on the web

Big ass mean Dog what you need my friend

no punctuation? The dog must have bitten it? are you in trouble Dave, do I need to call 911?

Want you to meet the family that's known as The Real McCoys. From West Virginee they came to stay in sunny Californi-ay. That's Grand Pappy Amos and the girls and the boys of the family known as the Real McCoys. Livin' like good folks should live, as happy as kids with toys. Ol Grand Pappy Amos is head of the clan, he roars like a lion, but he's gentle as a lamb. His grandson Luke keeps beaming with joy, since he made miss Kate Missus Luke McCoy. What a house keeper Kate is, she's doin' what she enjoys. No gal can beat her when it comes to looks, the same can be said about the way she cooks. For Grand Pappy Amos and the girls and boys of the family known as the Real McCoys. Sharing each others sorrows, enjoyin' each others joys. Like all other families they quarrel and fuss, but it ain't never serious, With Grand Pappy Amos and the girls and boys of the family known as the Real McCoys.

jeez everyone is from somewhere else- guess the Hatfields did not follow them. There was a girl, checker at the grocery outlet that seemed out of place because she was beautiful, and NO one in this town is beautiful, when I asked her about it she said she was from Santa Barbara, but could not afford to stay there because it was too expensive to stay, so she chose Clearlake, the perhaps cheapest place in California, the lack of municipal services keeps people away-

think about this logically. Which door gets used mostly, and is subject to a wire loom flexing again and again? right, the driver's door, so the fact that the passenger door window is inoperable tells me the problem is not driven by wires.

a mechanical puzzle is behind this, like I say most power windows have a switch so just the driver's door works and all others don't- gotta be this switch...pulls forward to lock, or some such nonsense....gotta be~

but the driver's door is left, not right, right? Just messin wit chu. you have a valid point indeed

I bet Claudia is beautiful so you can't say no one

I think ALL power windows have a switch. Who knows? it my just be locked, and even in the console how difficult could that be? My car has a one touch toggle that will lower the window with one tap and can be swapped out in 15 minutes

2 seater mid-engine. power windows, power antenna. bet the heat doesn't work too good, toyotas are famous for lack of heat in cold climates~

you mentioned the MINI was giant...of course you were kidding...though it does feel cavernous on the inside....been runnin' this design for perhaps 15 years, kinda reminds me of a VW beetle where changes are subtle and unless you're up on them you'll be in trouble, always loved the encapsulated wolfsburg crest in the middle of the steering wheel, think it was 1969 the year they decided it was too expensive to do it this way....Sorry H25, this is an old British MINI, not the German one made by BMW~

OK. fact of the matter is i don't know if it was really a MINI,and do they only come in the olive green? It DID say COOPER on the back, but I'm tellin' ya this car has the wheelbase of a full size sedan, like maybe a bimmer. I should read up on the Cooper car company if there is such a entity ~~~ and WHAT are you talking about??? my Corolla will melt your butt out of the car 5 minutes after starting...OK 10 minutes if it say 8 degrees

Hmmm, perhaps my corolla (transplant from Ca) has a clobbered cooling system. We brought this one back in 2002, stopped at the Grand Canyon....things seemed so beautiful, then-

more like

Heidi Frei

I just had the same thing happen in my mr2. Wondering what your solution or outcome was?

I am embarrassed to admit this but it turns out I had accidentally hit the window lock button. It only controls the passenger side which is what threw me off.

And yes it does have a powered antennae. Owners manual even talks about it. Have to take the right rear wheel off and remove the fender well to get to it.

My 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder has no power to dash, doors, brakes, tail lights and is stuck in neutral. I checked my interior fuse panel and the only 2 fuses that have power are the horn, dome light and radio 2. Everything else is deal, I checked power to each fuse. Any ideas? Thanks

Button left of your steering wheel right of the lock/unlock you could have accidentally pressed it

Take electrical contact cleaner with red extension attached ( comes with the spray) Remove the small plastic piece in front of emergency brake spray in to switch. Couple times. Let dry. Then use a can of compressed air to blow out switch. This fixed mine. Clean weekly. Dust and junk collects in this space. Don't eat in you Mr 2. Be sure car is turned off. Robertmr2