I`m getting no preassure to my hydraulics on the clutch.

390

Asked by Nov 08, 2012 at 03:13 PM about the 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2 Dr STD Convertible

I took out the engine, had it rebuild. In the process i unscrewed the hydraulics hose on the slave pump, lost all the fluids and now the clutch pedal generates no preassure at all (a bit), is down to the floor. When i took the clutch (hydraulics) apart nothing was wrong with it. I have bleeded the system as good as i can, tried for 2 hours. Master was also 100 % workable when i lost the fluids.( this car has only 46817 km on it). Any suggestions are welcome.

1,015

I think you're on the right track by bleeding the system. You may need to have it towed to a some place that has the right equipment to bleed the system. Call around & ask what it takes to bleed the system.

30

Bleeding the clutch can sometimes be difficult if you dont know what youre doing. First be sure all lines are tight and bleeders are closed. Second remove cap open bleeder the try a gravity bleed(open bleeder and keep open til fluid comes out), you may also want to pick up a brake bleeder kit from an auto parts store (basically a couple tubes and a squeeze bottle) relatively inexpensive.You also my be able to use a Mityvac vaccuum pump to help bleed. Third when bleeding double check to make sure there arent any leaks.

Best Answer
390

Thanks guys, will try these hints. Have a nice weekend.

16,195

I had this problem with the exact same car, the only bleeding method that worked was a compressed air assisted bleeder. gravity bleed and pumping it then cracking the bleeder never helped. Pedal would just stick to the floor. A vaccum bleeder will work too.

390

Thanks guys i used the vaccum method, sucking the hydraulic on the slave pump side worked. Finally :)