I have a 85 mr2 157,000 miles

Asked by Jun 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM about the 1995 Toyota MR2 2 Dr STD Coupe

i bought it at 156, from the original owner first i replace the clutch, hydrological clutch master and slave cylinder. then drove for a while. one day i was driveing for about 30 mins or so and my car lost all power and shut off. tryed to start the car over and over never started tell about three hours later. ran long enuf for me to get it into gear. I thought it was a fuel problem so i checked the fuel pump it works fine. replaced the fuel filter and cold start valve injectors are fine i don't know whats wrong.

can you retrieve the self-diagnostic info? may have an OBD-II connector near the key, but instead will have a cryptic flashes when you turn the key to the on position...the number and sequence of the flashes will tell you....consult the guide in your owners manual~ Bring it to an autoparts store for answers. There has to be a "diagnostic" plug there under the dash or in the engine compartment~

"hydrological"....LOL~ not hydraulic?

5,835

this is pre OBD-II, theres a certain circut you have to jumper and then a light on the dash will flash a certain pattern, that would tell you what code it's throwing if any but this is too old of a car to be OBD-II OBD-I or even OBD-0