My TLC pulling to the right

10

Asked by Feb 18, 2012 at 01:08 AM about the 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 4 Dr STD 4WD SUV

my tlc 1993 is pulling to the right while accelerating and same as while braking . And
during cruising have to hold the steering hard i, if not it will run to the right...please
advice

2,645

You may have a binding brake, jack up the Cruiser and check that all wheels run freely. Usually there is a bit of transmissoin drag but it should be obvious which wheel it is. Generally when a brake binds it is due to the brake pads siezing in the caliper, this is due to brake dust build up and lack of lubrication.

10

done already brake servicing changing seals of brake piston run freely , i thought that was the prob b4. still persist, if it possible wheel bearing , coz i already changing pinion bearing but same thing.

2,645

If it was a bearing issue I think you would be aware by now, bearings usually give you an audible warning before they destroy themselves. Have you had the steering geometry checked? you may have a bent steering/ suspension component or a misaligned axle.

10

done also alignment and still persist, could it be some bushing that hold the axle beam worn out, if so i will notice from beneath. Yah if bearing give way sure will noticed.

5

does it seem to pull to the right all the time? even just a little because if it was a bent suspension component it should pull all the time, not a lot but a little, also check the wear on the tire, if the tread wear is uneven then it probaly is a suspension piece