engine miss and white Smoke

5

Asked by Jan 19, 2011 at 01:13 AM about the 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD

While driving the radiator cracked and overheated. Radiator was replaced but when the vehicle was restarted there was white smoke in the exhaust. The assumption was a blown head gasket due to white smoke in the exhaust. The cylinder head was then removed from engine block.
The cylinder head was checked for cracks. None were found. A valve job was done.  All new gaskets were used such as the headgaskets and intake gaskets were used during the install. when the repairs were made the vehicle restarted immediately however some white smoke continued. We have started the vehicle everyday to see if it was just old coolant in the exhaust burning off but it is still the same as before slight miss and some white smoke in the exhaust. There is no check engine light or is the vehicle overheating. please some one tell me what’s happening I don't want to get over charged. How can I fix and how much will this cost.
help me
new TLC owner

3,175

Could be a cracked block allowing coolant into the cylinder from the water jacket causing your miss.

30

Okay. I just searched google and this is first link i searched. Sorry I cant help because I have EXACT issue on my 2001 Toyota Sequoia. White smoke out of exhaust. Had cylinder head checked, no cracks, head gaskets repaired. Changed oil and SHAZAAM!! Thought it was oil on manifold and burn off. Nope. Getting worse. Afraid it may be engine block. Anyone know what I need to do.

10

Yea, white smoke has always meant water in the oil to me. If there is any foam in the oil (easy as checking the dip stick), then it's definitely getting coolant in the oil, either from a cracked block or warped head.

5

Gaskets were changed but the cylinder head might need to be planed(might have a warped head). You should always re-plane the heads when there is a head gasket problem in my opinion.