what toyota engines will fit in my 93 corolla?

Asked by Aug 13, 2013 at 05:33 PM about the 1993 Toyota Corolla DX

I have a 93 Toyota Corolla DX with a 1.8 engine. I want to know if I can mount a 2003
Echo/Yaris 1.5 engine in my engine bay... I have been looking around for information
and am having a hard time finding some.  Also, the Corolla is an automatic and the
Echo/Yaris is a manual.  If I change out the engine I am interested (of course would
have to) to change my car to a standard.  Is this at all possible?  If so, how challenging
will this be?  Perhaps someone would know what it may require as well if it needs
specifics, i.e. extra welding, etc.

6,475

Try a local recycling yard to see if its listed in a Hollander Interchange Manual or try a Toyota website for the Corolla. "Corolla engine swap"

DavidH25 knows all about these except he's seeing his son off to fly cargo planes and get shot at~...and to greet his new grandchild into this world...so he's gonna be tied up for a while~

could PM him just to annoy him~...here goes~

Yes it's possible, but not easy. the Yaris shown below is a hatchback, and they did have a 4 speed automatic available. Are you asking because you already have this 1NZ FE 1.5Liter laying around? If that is the case, maybe it would be less expensive to go ahead and put it in your Corolla, all electronics will have to be changed, and changing your car from an automatic to a manual is s genuine pain in the ass, installing all the clutch components. linkage, pedal all that is not easy. Bottom Line: Your 1993 1.8Liter is a 7A FE and for the money you will spend trying to make this conversion, even if you already have that 1.5 on hand, you will be better off sticking with 1.8 and rebuilding it if it needs it....come to think of it you didn't mention why you even want to do this, is the 1.8 shot?

I took Forftudor37's post and ran with it and found this: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/135-corolla-lounge/181441-common-engine-swap-guide.html ....STUDY that page

.I do have to budget my time today, that's right he is being deployed for 10 months to begin getting equipment out of Afghanistan and in to Kuwait or Turkey for now, until they either bring it home or whatever. They are NOT leaving anything behind during the pullout ..and you are right Judge Roy. last time he was there doing a drop of a Hummer and ordinance in a forward operating base the bastards shot RPG's and small arms at his plane. Small arms will not bring a C130 down. If a small arms bullet hit a hydraulic line or went in to intake of engine, it may 'cripple it' but that plane is tough, 2 good engines out of the four will keep it airborne but if a lucky shot with an RPG while they are going low and slow to do a drop for the guys on FOB's could conceivably go right inside the open drop door. I don't even want to think about it. At least anti aircraft weapons like a Sparrow are scarce in the hands of the enemy. I almost didn't use the word 'enemy' the word I have in mind would get me kicked off the site.