Why won't my car turn over?

Asked by Jun 30, 2012 at 02:25 PM about the 1992 Toyota Corolla STD

I have a '92 Toyota Corolla.  I went on a 7 month deployment and left the car sitting.  When I got back
the car wouldn't turn over.  I forgot to disconnect the battery and I didn't have a voltmeter handy to
check it.  I attempted to jump the battery to no avail.  I replaced the battery and still no luck.  When I
turn the key I can hear a faint click, which initially suggested to me that the solenoid on the the starter
was engaging but the motor was not turning.  I hooked a jumper up to the starter motor and touched the
battery and the starter motor is just fine.  Is it my solenoid or is there a damaged wire between the
battery and the starter?  I replaced the starter about 2 years ago.  

18,785

check for corrosion and check ground connections. I would try to jump it with the new battery, I've gotten a number of bad batteries from parts stores. Multi-meter would be awesome in a situation like this, lol.