1991 toyota corolla wont start.. need help please!!!

20

Asked by Sep 13, 2010 at 02:07 PM about the 1991 Toyota Corolla DX

car was running fine.. i went to wal-mart to buy grocereries and  when i got back car wont start at all... the first time i tried starting the car all the instrumental lights came on on the the ACC key position, when i turn to On position to start everything just died.. lights, radio, A/C, clock, etc..... noting was working!!! i got a jumper cable to jump the car and still nothing.... i need your help if you had this experience before or know exactly whats wrong the vehicle.. any helpful tips/info will help... THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.. u can also email me at bysek@ymail.com

75

dear such and such um if you tried jumping it you can rule out the battery and if ur acc comes on it seems liek your alternator is charging your battery so i think it might be your starter does it just lick when you turn the key

20

no the starter does not click at all... the starter was replaced 6 months ago with a brand new one... everything else works on ACC until i turn the key to ON position to start everything dies.. NO POWER SOURCE of any kind.. it seems like there's a short some where but i dont know where to look first..

485

i have a sneaking suspicion that your ignition switch is bad. Do you have a lot of stuff on your key chain?

485

also ignore anything the last guy said because he doesnt know what he is talking about because the car has to be running for the alternator to work. It doesnt sound like a starter either because nothing works in the on position correct? it is almost likely the switch because all the power runs through that switch before it goes anywhere. Just to be safe have your battery tested as well.