2000 celics gt cranks but will not start

5

Asked by Oct 11, 2012 at 05:02 PM about the 2002 Toyota Celica GT

if u keep cranking it for about 5 min it will start to spit n sputter n it will eventually start n after its warm it will start and run normally i have a parts car so ive tried about everything its has a new motor with only 7500 miles i swaped the fuel pump the the fuel rail and injectors has a new fuel filter also the plugs are new and i swaped the ignition coils  it has fuel and spark i alos changed the crank and cam sensors ive even tried the computer  but no such luck

6,405

I think there is a 70% chance it is your idle air control... Swap that out and let me know if it works!

8,575

so car cranking for 5 minutes, it starts and sputters, (was the parts car engine the same size engine...have someone from the off position turn the key to acc, (while you have the fuel door open and cap off, with your ear in it, you should hear the gurgling noise for a few seconds, maybe 3, (the pump activating, and priming the system), if you don't immediately hear it, the delay is from ignition side, not necessarily fuel...that process you can repeat as many times as it takes until you think you hear it....

2,225

it could be the fuel pump relay not working properly,the pump itself,or the air flow meater at fault or the electronic choke not working would recomend you do it in a logical path way starting with the relay then the choke and air flow meter and pump

5

it has fuel up to the fuel rail and it seems to squirt fuel normally when i hold the injectors in place and have someone crank it the two cars are identical except the year and the parts car is a 2002 5 speed

5

well i checked the compression and it is 60 psi on the number one cylinder and the other three are below 30 psi but thanks for your help thank god the motor has a warranty

Timing belt jumped this is a NON interference engine, time it up (timingmarks) put a new belt,tentioner,and water pump. Problem solved. 5hrs by hand (no air tools) 3.5 with air. No special tools required. Difficulty level from one to ten 4.5.

15

my toyota celica 1993 wont start it cranks low battery it say and and check light on change the starter that was not it then i dont think it the fuel pump presser look good. so what wrong with my car ??????