Car won't start after stalling... not battery or fuel..

45

Asked by Apr 13, 2009 at 07:54 PM about the 2000 Toyota Celica GTS Hatchback

I have a 2000 Celica GTS 6speed. I was driving it the other day and stalled at a stop sign. Then it refused to start. (Luckily I was on my street... and pushed it to my house) It's not the battery because all the lights come on. When you try to start it, it sounds perfectly fine, just doesn't start. No clicks, no sounds.. nothing out of the ordinary. So first we thought it was the fuel pump - replaced that.. still didn't work. Then we thought it was the computer (Engine control something or another) - replaced that. Now it'll start if you turn on the car and let it sit for a minute so the fuel runs. But it won't accelerate. It'll just barely move... Noooo idea what to do next. Any ideas?

65

maybe clogged fuel injectors?

45

Is there any codes? I would look into the Mass Air Flow Sensor or a bad 02 Sensor.

Lights coming on does not mean the battery is good..it has to have enough voltage to turn the motor put some seafoam in the gas tank..(half a bottle) then take a vac line off and let it suck seafoam into the throttle body it has ZERO to do with a 02 sensor...clogged cat maybe ..but my guess is a fuel pump, injector clogged

Did any one fix it ? Quite similar problem. After removing battery I did try to run a car, it did actually but for 5 sec. and then started to die, If I accelerate dies even quicker = O

Did any one fix it ? Quite similar problem on my toyota celica 2001 ts After removing battery I did try to run a car, it did actually but for 5 sec. and then started to die, If I accelerate dies even quicker = O