car will turn over but wont start

10

Asked by Apr 11, 2012 at 04:12 PM about the 2000 Toyota Celica GT

the engine had about 180,000 on it and it was getting weak. and finaly one day it didnt start, it turned over real easy as if the chaine had broke, so i checked that and it was ok. So i decided to rebuild the engine. it has new crank mains, rod mains, pistons, rings, springs, valves, lifters, cams, all sprockets, chaine, oil pump, chaine tensioner, and on and on . now its all back together and its doing the same thing, any one no what it could be

90

have u checked the starter, i:e done a voltage test , checked the operation of the solenoid. it will also help to check the battery, do a voltage test , voltage loss test, check the condition of the battery - visually. have u timed it correctly? u obviously know what your doing but it could be something real simple, like a faulty fuel pump or an engine fuse, i would got through both fuse panels and check every one. when rebuilding ur motor did u go off a manual ?

10

i have checked all the fuses allready and the car turns over fine, and it is fireing and getting gas, and its in time, but it turns over very fast

112,075

Have you checked compression on all cylinders.