no spark or fuel

130

Asked by Oct 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM about the 1993 Toyota Celica GT Coupe

wierd thing is when i probed the far right wire on the distributer to check for power with a test light the fuel pump engages.  ????????

Fuel pump relay is shorted and has no ground. Depending on the year celica it should be in a underhood fusebox. Inside of cover should tell you which relay it is. once located, connect the connector end of test light to the positive on battery probe terminals in box till test light lights up run a jumper wire to a ground source and see if pump runs. Attempt to start. If car starts relay is toast. Note: this is a test procedure and is not intended for or recommended as a permanent fix. Hope this helps if that doesnt work hit me up and I will do my best to help.

Distributor has two stage p/u units one for spark one for fuel. If the p/u dies and I had a 1993 celica w the twin cam 2.0 and died in a similar way. Engine fuse also a good thing to check.

130

thnks for the info bro i havnt had a chance to try grounding out the relay terminal yet. but i will.just wondering though wht is p/u and which engine fuse are u refering to? also could this cause the no spark problem ? ..are they related somehow?.oh and its a 93 gt with 2200.

130

also i replaced the coil today after work cause i read that if it is cracked that its junk. the guy at the auto parts store said that the cracking is caused from getting to hot.that made sense because the guy i got it from was driving it with a cracked water neck and overheated it a couple of times

Do you have spark now?

130

no stil no spark. also the fuel pump relay is missing

130

so i read in an online segment of a manual that only the turbos had fuel pump relays..is this true?

130

so i jumped b and fp terminals and the pump runs but the diagnostic chart i have doesnt tell me what that means is wrong. any help on where i go from there?

130

so apparently 93 gt doesnt need pump relay..i replaced distibuter and fired right up. my best gurss is the overheating problem fried the pickup coil and coil.

Hope I was able to help and glad you got it fixed, have fun in your baby, hope to see you out there.

130

ya appreciat the help.. bad news is i found tht p/o blew the head gasket when he overheated it so im tearing it all down now

Pretty straight forward headgasket to do when your ready to put the cams back in message me theres a little tip I can give that will make it easier to set top end timing or you ll fight it.

130

cool will do. looks like itl b a little while though .after pulling the head i found that the cylinders are a little scored and pitted . not real bad but i want this car to b sweet when im finished.to many other slap it back together projects so this time i think im gonna go all the way. any advise on what pistons i could use to maybe boost my compression a little ? nothin to major i still want a reliable daily driver but something to give it a little more zip. also maybe bigger cams .

8:1 compression is about all you can do on factory stuff do your homework before handing over not real good on soup up s on tuners just know alot on how to fix and diagnose them homework,homework,homework will save you time and head ache. Keep me posted on how it turns out. You sound like a good dude will figure out a way to hook up to see fin product. Fb same name. Fr me and ill accept.

130

ya man ..i dont have a face book but my wife does so i could go tht route but i think i could post picks on here too. its nothin special now just a stock gt ,but fairly clean black paint .so u a toyota guy?wt r u cruisn?where u livn?so im guessn 8:1 is stock. so ya ive been doin some chkn and dont seem to find any flat top pistons or anything like tht. i guess a chip or new ecm might b the only way to get more rip outta her

Owned a celica or two,I own a 300zx its currently a driver,however I am buying a parts car to fix all the little woes w it awesomely fun to drive only lacks twin turbo. Wheres you general home area? Im in central TX.

130

ya turbos would be cool.. never drove a turbo much less twins.was thinkn bout trying to turbo my celica.. dont know if i would have to do a bunch of stuff inside the engine or not or if it is even doable at a reasonble price.so wt kind of h/p is ur zx puttin out?wht year?im chiiln in southern az

145HP non turbo. Factory, turbo models 214 HP factory. Not too shabby for 1986.

165 non turbo.

I own a 1993 celica gt. I've whited it out, and im having problems losing power.. It feels like the tranny wants to go but the car just won't pick up speed fast enough.. I just did the plugs and plug wires so that's all good. I also flush all fluids monthly regardless due to how dirty(dusty) it is in AZ. Quick question tho.... Why is my radiator over fill either: 1. Stained rust orange Or 2. Always coated in fresh rust dust??? I know I gotta do the head gasket this weekend and check my heads. My finally goal is to have a nice little supped up daily driver but idk anything about cars. This is my first car... Ever.... I love the car she rides and slides like shes brand new. Just need more compression and power... HELP!!!

I have a 94 celica 2.2l gt i can't get a spark i change distributor,, plugs ,, wire s etc still nothing i been stuck trying for few weeks now please help me!!!!!!!!