Please Help! Toyota 92 Celica !! please please pleaaase! help me?

Asked by Feb 25, 2011 at 03:50 PM about the 1992 Toyota Celica GT Convertible

I need help bad. Im a Highschool student, an I Just got my Toyota Celica GT Convertible '92 About 3 days ago. Its Automatic.
Within that Time, I Blew My engine.

Is there anyway i can put a new engine in? like i looked everywhere for that model engine and nothing came up.

Can i drop a V6 In it? Or Like a Different kind of car engine in it? I Dont know crap about cars, And Im willing to dump a good amount of money into it, its Very old, and it ran great [Until about 50 Minutes ago]  Its got a few minor problems, this however is a bit bigger.

I Was In Low Gear, and shifted to Second and something Blew, a Small scraps of metal came out from it, and The car was on fire under the hood, an smoking, i put it out and all, All my oil leaked out everywhere, i can still drive it, cause i was forced to drive it home, but it wont stop shaking, and Its Just Like shaking alot making horrible Noises.

Im Not exactly sure if its the engine, But it looks kinda split. A few people say its the engine an i need a new block.

My question is, cant i throw something in it? a different kind of cars Engine? Something fast, that will give it good horsepower. I Just really need help, if you can post any links or anything It would mean the world to me Thank you all so Much.

Heres another photo.

125

Lol nice going first of all. I have owned 3 and still have my last one and tried to blow them up and have not been successful. Yes you can put a new motor in quite easily. Is recommend a new tyranny too. The same motor can be ordered from Japan for about $500 shipped to your door. Yes you can also put a v6 or if you really wanted too a v8 in there. If you were going to do that though you have to be fairly selective on which motor, because you have to find a matching tyranny for it and make it all fit. That includes axles, fuel tank, moving motor mounts, new wiring harness, and loads of other things. I bid you luck. Bryan

55

i'm not sure why your having problems finding a motor these motors are very easy to come by. which motor is it 2.2 or smaller??? i can't tell by the pictures its to small. if you were going to but that much work into it you could put the turbo all-trac motor in them you can get the whole front clip shiped over from japan for 1200. that would be every thing expect tranny stuff and if you were going to do it you should do the tranny and shit it would give you 4-wheel drive you can just keep it front wheel less work but that would be a choice you could make if you do it that way you can have some body weld a plate in the tranny other wise you could but your same motor in for real cheap i was finding them for 200 dollars around here. Or the dream is to put a V-8 lexus motor in it theres a video on you tube of a guy that did that and it is one nasty car. but a lot of money. so it really all depends on what you want to spend and what you want out of the car.

www.car-parts.com

i don't know i thaink u have 2 put the same kind in. it sounds like u blow a rod