do i need to keep & reconnect the wire on my used snap release seat belt device or cut it?

Asked by Feb 19, 2007 at 10:06 PM about the 1991 Toyota Celica GT Coupe

I purchased a good, used snap release for the driver's side on my 1991 Celica GT from an ebayer.  I noticed, after unfastening the bolt to the existing snap release, that there is an existing wire attached.  Do I need to clip it or what?  Pleaazzzze help me with this issue!  My e-mail address is katdat1919@yahoo.com.
I would realllly appreciate hearing from you soon.  I am terrified without my seatbelt not working properly and feel very, very unsafe!!!

17,205

Hello, When it comes to matters involving seat belts, I advise people to take their cars to mechanics. You do not want this part of your car to fail on you. I do not know what kind of car the seat belt you put in your Celica came from, but the wire is most likely to relay the message of whether or not the seat belt is on. If you feel unsafe, trust your instincts, and take the car to a mechanic. Best of luck! I hope it works out. CarGrrl