no parking lights front and rear, no brake light, no dashboard light

Asked by Apr 12, 2007 at 01:31 AM about the 1990 Toyota Celica GT-S Hatchback

i check the fuses on the fuse box on the kick panel by the driver side. the stop light fuse has no power and so as the tail light fuse and ecu-b fuse, but the relay for the tail light is working. im still looking for the relay for the dashboard light and stop light if also you can help me locate this two relays.  thanks   rick

22,580

Hi Erlinda! These things are notoriously hard to find on the web. Your best bet is to take a ride to the local big box parts store and see if the Chilton's for your car is unwrapped. At this point though, with a car of that age, you really should have a copy at home. Another possibility is the local library. More often than not the libraries have bound copies that only deal with major drive train issues but if yours is well stocked it may have an individual set of Celica Chilton's. It's worth a shot if you don't want to buy one yet. Good luck!

795

i have experienced this same problem before i thought maybe i had a short somwhere cuz everytime i put a new fuse in it would blow or i would get the dash lights working and my tailights would'nt work or i would get my taillights working and my power windows would quit working i tested the circuits and everything was fine i could'nt figure out what to do i had tried everything i thought. the tailight and dash light fuses are 15 amps i thought i would try to go up higher on the amps just to see what it would do so i tried a twenty in both the tail and dash and to my amazement they worked i don't know what it did but it fixed mine i hope this answer helps you out

Why does power drown when driving while using lights nd etc.

If your car still has the old style 1157 brake light tail light system then try switching over to LED tail light sockets they drain about 50% of the power than the 1157 bulbs