no parking lights front and back, no brake light, no dashboard light

Asked by Apr 14, 2007 at 10:53 PM about the 1990 Toyota Celica GT-S Hatchback

i hv another toyota same model i swap the parts together like the fuse box by the driver side kick panel were the tail lamp relay is located, and the headlight parkinglight combination switch on the steering wheel i swap everything and it works on the other car just fine so what else do i need to check

14,750

Dear erlinda57-- Ah, electrical problems. Give me a good old tranny job anytime. What you have to do is retrace your steps, very carefully, and make sure every wire an component is where it should be and is connected to the right place. Just the slightest error will throw your whole project off. Electrical systems are as fussy as three kids in the back seat. Have patience. And good luck from Bovan.

795

it is possible you have a short in a wire somewhere that is making this problem occur i would definetly retrace my steps and get a circuit tester sometimes they require a 15 amp fuse but you will have the same prob and it will prob blow it try a twenty and see what happens

20

my GTS did the same stuff it had a bad power wire to fuse box so check there

check the fuse,is probley blown.