why doesn't my parking brake light turn off when I release the parking brake?

Asked by Apr 15, 2007 at 05:11 AM about the 1990 Toyota Celica GT-S Hatchback

2,995

Is it a foot brake or a hand brake ? In either case, there is a switch that is made when the brake lever is off. If it is a foot pedal, pull the release lever and lift up on it. This should help

335

Frequently, if the brake warning light remain lit after the parking brake has been disengaged it may be an indication that your braking system may need some kind of servicing. I suggest you contact your local Toyota dealer or a Toyota qualified mechanic to get a more detailed answer.

785

it is possible that your parking brake light is defective do you feel you brakes catching when you are driving or hear any noise? i would take the wheel off and have someone look at your parking brake while you pulled up and down on it. it's possible something is wrong with the tensioner

Best Answer