2005 Chevy Cavalier, No fuel, no pressure

Asked by Feb 25, 2016 at 06:56 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

Still have the no start problem... We thought it was the fuel
pump, so I replaced that. When cranking, you can't hear the fuel pump
motor. Thought it might be a fuse or circuit, replaced all of those. Checked
to make sure wires are connected and not frayed or loose.  I Still have no
pressure in the fuel lines. Sprayed fuel injection cleaner in the intake, and it
started up, kept running until it depleted the cleaner.  Any advice?

101,565

Your injectors are no good....

69,715

Ya you still have a fuel issue. Not the pump obviously but probably leaky fuel injectors & lines, or fuel regulator. Just do a bleed down test, shouldn't loose more that 5 lbs. fuel pressure.

ok, your suggesting a leak down test? When I check the fuel regulator, there's absolutely no fuel. I don't understand how it could be the fuel injectors when the fuel pump isn't even making the humming (priming) noise when you turn the key, Doesn't the fuel pressure line go to the regulator, then to the injectors? I'm so lost.

69,715

Ok, what I suggested were possibilities to your problem. So, you have found a problem at the fuel regulator, fuel not passing threw it. If there is a fuel filter before the regulator, start by changing that. If the problem persist then the fuel regulator would have to be changed. So at this point your right, don't know if injectors are leaking. Just so you know fuel pressure should be 30.5 to 44 lbs at an idle. If you check just the pressure from the new fuel pump, (deadhead state) it should show at least 50 lbs. pressure.