stuck engine

10

Asked by Oct 27, 2015 at 03:23 AM about the 2002 Toyota Camry LE

according to car shop my 2002camry Toyota LE engine is stuck and it cannot be repaired anymore,  needs a new engine is there a way to repair my original engine?

105,505

The old one can be rebuilt but at a cost, im sure you can find another remanufactured engine at a lower cost rather then purchasing new one.

96,725

Like joe stated above yours can be rebuilt. But you will quickly find out most shops don't like to do that anymore simply because of guaranteeing the work, they would rather replace the engine with a reman, crate or new engine, that way if anything does happen they can get the engine covered, usually the customer is still out the labor cost though. I would recommend a reman engine for your vehicle if price is a concern. But if you really like the car and plan on keeping it a long time then go for either a crate engine if avaliable or new. There is also used engines, these are risky, but in a pinch you could replace it with one of those and then trade it in, or just scrap the vehicle and move on, the choice is yours. HTH

355

Did your engine over heat? If not you might be able to unstuck that engine, remove spark plugs pour transmission fluid in each plug, let sit about a day, then take a socket and attempt to turn your lower crank shaft bolt

10

The engine did not overheat. Will spraying WD40 will also work ?Also how much transmission fluid will I put in terms of measuring cups(1/4, 1/3, 1/2 1 cup)if in case it got unstuck, will the engine run again? and what will happen with the transmission fluid ? dry up or burn when the engine starts again? Thank you so much for your very kind Help and assistance. Elido

96,725

WD40 will do the same thing as auto trans fluid and it will burn off if the engine ever fires again

355

If I was you I would fill it either with transmission fluid or wd40.... email me northernflavor@aol.com

355

I purchased a 1971 Sel Mercedes Benz about a week ago, the person that was selling it, informed me that the engine was seized from sitting 21 years, she also made mention that several mechanics attempt to free it, but was unable..... patience is the key... I let the WD40 and transmission fluid do its business in the spark plug cylinders, just yesterday it free up, now I'm on my way to start on the next stage of restoring it

355

Just drain the oil and new oil filter, drive the vehicle as if it's new for about 100 miles before getting down on it hard

If I assume your "stuck" engine is SEIZED(correct term for what you described)....I would be inclined to do the following. Disconnect the belt driving the alternator. Remove all spark plugs. Attempted to turn the engine over with a long wrench attached to the crankshaft pulley. I have seen seized engines with bad seized alternator bearing rebuilt...only to have the same "seized" condition when the drive belt is installed. I have also seen engines hydrostatically locked.