Toyota Camry LE -- windows dont roll and runs on in idle

Asked by Jun 19, 2015 at 03:14 PM about the 2002 Toyota Camry LE

I have 2002 Camry CE, the basic one. All windows except driver side don't roll. I tried to see fuses, but all seem to be okay. After that I noticed that my car only runs in idle, it would not get accelerate even if I pump.

20,390

First of all sounds like you have two different problems. Your drivers side window did it ever work like went up and down slowly before it actually stopped working ? And your accelerate problem check air filter and clean throttle body with throttle body cleaner spray add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to gas tank and change fuel filter if have not done so in a while.

Thank you for the reply. Driver side window is working fine, but the rest 3 windows. I will look into fuel filter and other suggested items. Thanks,

20,390

Did the other windows every work before they stopped working ? And if they did would they work going up and / or down slow before they actually stopped working ?

20,390

Sorry just read your question again ment to comment on the three windows not working not the drivers side window.

Yes, all were working fine. They were half-open, I rolled up close. When I tried to open the front passenger, there was no response, I tried driver side, that was working fine, then I tried rear no response.

20,390

There is a lock out switch or button on the window switch panel if it is act

20,390

If it is on it will keep all of the windows from working except for the drivers side window. Is that switch or button on or off ?

20,390

My vehicle has a button that if I push it all the windows will not work except for the drivers side window. The button has a picture of a window on it that shows two arrows one up and one down and it is X out with an X over picture.

You might want to read the owner's manual for this vehicle. It explains how to operate your windows on this vehicle. Good Luck

Yes, I am kind of dumb. I have used that windows lock switch several time since I have had this car since 2002. Perhaps I did not use lately. Somehow, I might have pressed it causing the 3 passenger windows lock. Thank you everybody for suggestions. Now, I have to look in to not picking acceleration problem.

Concerning the acceleration problem. Are you saying the engine will not rev up in park or neutral?

It DOES NOT rev when in neutral and parking.

20,390

Sounds like your accelerater cable has broken or has come loose. That is the cable that goes to you throttle body that tells the vehicle to rev up when the gas pedal is pushed.

IF this vehicle does not have an accelerator CABLE,it is likely a "drive by wire" control. This means a computer and pedal sensors determine how far you are pressing on the accelerator pedal. The Computer then controls your throttle body to open and rev up the engine. This vehicle should be scanned for codes. If you can get this vehicle to an AutoZone parts store, they will scan it for free. Good Luck

Hi, The computer diagnostic and scan tool detects: Toyota Camry 2002, 4 Cyl. Description: P1127 ETCS Actuator Power Source Circuit Malfunctioning Any clue what is wrong and how much should it cost get this fixed.

OK....this is a rather complicated circuit and you need a wiring diagram to trouble shoot. I would be inclined to CLEAR this code with a scan tool an see if this problem returns. If the code returns...you can then check for a bad fuse. There are several fuse and relay boxes on this vehicle. That wiring diagram would indicate where to look for that fuse.