Replaced rear wheel bearing, still having problems

Dre Jones

Asked by Sep 23, 2015 at 12:28 AM about the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Coupe

3 months ago I replaced the front and rear brakes, both rear struts, and passenger rear wheel bearing. After over a month I start to hear noises coming from the rear right bearing. Took it to a shop, had it on the hoist, mechanic said wheel bearing is really bad...
Yesterday I replaced the wheel bearing with a new one and I am still having problems. The wheel bearing seems to be on tight and snug. As I drive in reverse there are no noises. While driving just at 10 mph I can hear my wheel squeak with each rotation. And when I apply the brakes I hear a grunting grinding deep sound.
Ive tried adjusting the star wheel adjuster. I have an idea that maybe the brake shoes are pushing too much or not enough against the brake drum. help please.

If you think it the brakes rubbing take off the drum and adjust the star adjuster as you described until the pads rub a little bit.