2000 Toyota Camry V6 / Down gear shifting vibration noise

140

Asked by Jul 25, 2013 at 02:26 AM about the 2000 Toyota Camry LE V6

I have 2000 Toyota Camry V6 LE. It runs very good with 200k miles on it. Recently,
the check engine light on along with trac off light. However, it is still running very
smooth except for vibration noise about 10 second while stepping on the brake to slow
down ( from 45-55 mph to 20 mph no problem ) but from 15-20 mph to 10-15 mph.
Please advise if that issue is related to trac off light or some thing else. Thanks a lot in
advanced for all your experience sharing.

plug a diagnostic tester in to find out which item needs attention...get this info from a local autoparts supplier too~

TPS unit...because they wear out~

140

Thanks a lot for your quick advice. However, we did run the test showing code P1780 for transmission but it shifts very smooth all gear up and down to 15 mph, then the vibration noise come on about 5-10 seconds, then smooth until completely stop. I don't want to rebuilt whole transmission as people advise. I just want to know what exact problem for that issue. Thanks a lot

140

Thanks a lot Judge_Roy for your 2nd answer. I just replied before viewing your 2nd answer. I will double check the throttle. It make more sense to me than other people just gave suggestion for rebuilding transmission. Thanks again

I am not disputing Judge Roy, just be careful in your search to not confuse Throttle Position Sensor for Tire Pressure Sensor. It's real easy for people to say "get a Rebuilt transmission" when it's your money so easily spent. May I add have your brakes inspected also.

P1780 Park/Neutral Position Switch Malfunction/ Toyota/Camry/2000 .......Entirely unrelated to the problem you describe

yes...was shootin' from the hip on this....due to the mileage and unreliability of that little goodie~ not expensive and even so a fresh one would add to the reliability of the car~

park/neutral switch malfunction makes less sense than a tire pressure sensor~...perhaps my intuition will serve us well...

140

Thanks for all your sharing. Anyway, I just went to have brake inspection and they found nothing wrong. After that, while driving back home I tried to put back to neutral when stepping on to slow down and I was very surprised it had no vibration or noise at all. It was very smooth to have complete stop. I was also noticed that my "R" reverse light on when stepping on the break while driving. Thanks again for your sharing

140

I am also going to run the test code again and have it translated correctly. Thanks you all

the brake shop would not notice a defective throttle position sensor...really it's about time for this thing to start giving you trouble...again, has NOTHING to do with the brakes...only performance of your motor~

should probably toss up an OBD-II code, but only if it was really bad to cause the computer to get confused and didn't know what to do~

140

I did change the Park Neutral/Switch today. It took care of the vibration noise and trac off light. It cost me $ 300 at the auto shop. I am not sure if it was right or over price. However, the check engine light is still on but scanner was found no more code. The "R" reverse light on the pannek is still on when stepping on the brake. The brake lights from the rear are both on. In addition, the reverse light from the rear of the car was not lighting up with reverse gear engaged. We are still figuring out what those problems are. Any more advices would be much helpful to us. Your all answers are very much appreciate so far

you may want to take a look at your transmission mounts---put a floorjack w/woodblock....jack it up perhaps 3/4" inch and not the separation of the rubber from the steel....then replace the defective mount---this may be responsible for the position indicator out of position~

140

I finally found and changed the Brake light switch. It took care the problem with "R" light on the dashboard and reverse light. Thanks again for all your advices.

wow....amazing~!