Is there any way to stop the door handles on my 1996 toyota camry from constantly breaking?

20

Asked by Jun 02, 2014 at 04:49 AM about the 1996 Toyota Camry LE

I have a 1996 Toyota Camry and the inside and outside door handles are constantly
breaking and needing replaced.  Is there any way to stop this from continuing?

3,395

Yes When you shit the door let go of the Handle completely Inside handle only open lock with handle then use pul

3,395

I also have- camry. I Love my car handle and all don't you

20

Well, I think my Camry is on it's last leg. I had to have the engine rebuilt 3 times already. The last time it really needed a new engine put in. But I just recently been laid off and couldn't afford that. So tried to have it rebuilt again instead. And I saw no difference in it from when it went in until it came out. It still has the same problem, I can only drive it a few mins around town with out problems. If I try to drive it about 20 mins or longer the engine over heats with out warning. My inside dash sensor doesn't show that it is hot, but I can hear the engine and radiator pinging and roaring bubbling. And then it always lets fluid out of the radiator over flow. So I am constantly having to keep and eye on the radiator fluid and topping it back off. And I have had to replace my inside driver's door handle so many times I have lost count. I have had to replace the inside back handles several times each too. The outside driver's door handle broke off probably a yr ago and had to be replaced. And now it seems like a rod has came lose on the inside of my driver's side door so that the outside door handle won't open the door. And the inside door handle on the driver's side just busted again so I can't open the driver's side door from inside either. The inside front passenger door handle just cracked and chipped off a piece of it's handle so I know it is ready to stop working any time now too. So right now I have to leave the car unlocked and get in it from the back doors and crawl over the seats to get into the driver's seat to take it any where. And it's registration is coming up soon and is going to have to pass a smog test that I don't know if it is going to be able to pass the way the engine is working right now. So looks like I have to fix the driver's door handles asap and hope it passes the smog test. All while I am still unemployed and low on money, fun, fun!

23,515

woah- we start with a door handle question and it seems that you have bigger problems than that- those model Camrys were built at the beginning of an era of Toyota reliability problems- time to cut your losses and run- get another car-

20

Thanks, I was wondering if it was time to cut my losses on it, or keep trying to baby it. I didn't realize that they had reliability problems, I thought it was just my car turning into a lemon, lol.

3,395

The inside handle is easy to fix pul. Screw Center of the handle push handle forward And it comes lose them grab the rod with needle nosely Plyers and turn clipull the rod comes right Off try it it's easy

3,395

The outter handles are a little harder panel off clip push clips through and unscrew the others then panel so you can get to handle 1stt Unclip rods than unscrew two nuts handle comes off outside Not bad try it if not get someone to help you Good luck I hope it helped Have a great day

20

Thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate at it all.

41,915

JM96Camry, I have seen your problem on here before. It sounds like your cooling system is full of air. Buy an air bleed kit from the auto store. That will most likely fix your overheating problem. Not sure if you've tried that yet......

20

No, I have never hear of it. Thanks for the info.