94 Camry will not start or dies wile running and when I turn key on all warning lights light-up except the check engine light.

35

Asked by Jun 12, 2015 at 02:24 PM about the 1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6

HELP ME.. We can noticeably see that when the car shuts off or wont start up, it will not be showing us the check engine light lit-up on the dash like all the others do when first turning the key to on position ..(so picture all the lights flash on the dash like normal when turning on key first time, except the check engine light, this tells me its not going to start!).. and crank crank crank but no start every time!  if you cut the key off and wait, then turn the key back on and sometimes the check engine light lights-up along with all the other gauges and it will start like normal sometimes, Or when turning the key if you see no check-engine light = it wont start at all.
Then other times it shuts off wile running. You will notice the same thing when you try to start it back up, basically no check engine light turns on when turning the key to run, and then we will know it wont start back up..
We have changed all relays and fuel related parts-(fuel pump, relays, bla-bla) Ignition parts changed- Ignition switch, lock key ignition cylinder and all ignition parts under hood itself relays and fuzes, spent over 600$ no fixes to this.. its likely electric problem please help me, can mail me at onslowpainting@gmail.com

43,775

Inspect the black intake hose that goes to the throttle body. I have had that crack wide open and kill the car. I also had a loose connection directly under the fuse box. Car would die out. I discovered if I wiggled the fuse box while running, it would die. Check the ground to your ECU also. Try unplugging your Mass Air Flow sensor and see if it will stay running. If no difference, try unplugging your EGR and see if it will fire up. Just some suggestions to start with. Post back with results.....

The ECU (computer) turns the check engine lite on and off. I believe the ground for the ECU is on the intake manifold. Remove this ground ...clean it with a wire brush and reconnect. Also...when this vehicle does run, take it to Auto Zone and have them check for codes.Good Luck

Best Answer Mark helpful