Where is the am1m fuse in a 1994 Toyota Camry LE 6 cylinder?

Asked by May 27, 2015 at 10:11 PM about the 1994 Toyota Camry LE V6

Having issues with the electrical system.
Checked all fuses we see under hood, under
dash by left knee, and by left foot. We
cannot find the am1m fuse which we think
is the problem. The sarter is fine, but she
won't start.

39,085

The only info I could find said it was behind the change tray and it's the 40 amp fuse.

Could you provide a little more history on this issue. What's the story?

All or the sudden she wouldnt start. Got her jumped and home. We have had issue with the battery for years.Always corroding, then changing the connectors. We finally changed the cables that connect the car to the battery, they had been spliced to many times we figured it was time to stop screwing with it. Once those were replaced, and double checked, the car wont turn over. No ding. We checked the fuses. Changed anything that looked iffy. Got the starter and cylunoid cheched at a oriellys. They were bother good. the horn doesn't work, Dome lights, no ding. parking lights, moonroof, windows, and locks all work. With further inspection we noticed there is no engine main fuse in the spot labeled under the hood. My boyfriend can't remember if he or the buddy helping took it out and didn't replace it. They has to be present to work correct? Could the am1m be the source? Thank you for the help :-)

39,085

Yes, replace that main fuse. That mystery fuse you are searching for may be built into the ECU. I have had Camrys for years and I have never heard of that fuse. All I could find online about it was that it was located behind the change tray. That was on a 4 cyl. Camry. That fuse is either mounted on the power side of the ECU or it's inside. I'm just guessing here. But replace that main fuse and post back with results.

The answer to this problem is in the History. IMO you need to back track step by step the process you went through trying to fix this vehicle. If that does not work, you need to get a digital volt meter...a wiring diagram for this vehicle...and...the know how on how to trouble shoot the cranking circuit. There might be computer involvement here. Does this vehicle have a theft deterrent system? Look at the head if your ignition key. What color is it? The "engine main fuse" . I believe this fuse powers up the ECU. and other relays. If it's not in place...where is it?....perhaps it was put back into the wrong place. Us the fuse and relay covers as your guide. Good Luck