Why is my car not working?

Asked by Nov 30, 2014 at 03:45 PM about the 1994 Toyota Camry LE

Ok so we just replaced the battery and alternator. The car started ok after that. After
driving it the car startedhaving some issues. The battery light was on and the car was
being sluggish. My husband floored it and it got better. Later that day while I was
driving the car died on me. We put our portible jump starter on it and it started. It only
stayed on for a short period of time.The RPM went to 0 and it spuddered and died. We
had to drive with the battery jumper on to get home( it wasen't far). We tested the
battery and it is fully charged. The alternatior was replaced yesterday. I just need
some answers.

39,125

If the battery light came on, you have an issue with the charging system. If you put in a rebuilt alternator, I have heard of those being bad at times. It may have a bad voltage regulator. Take a volt meter and see what volts are coming out of the alternator. Should be 14 since it is new. I would start there.

3,105

Charge lamp relay if all cable ends a re clean new alt and new battery Good luck

39,125

Check out this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=TcDoxEF8X-U The charge light may have also come on due to the idle being too low. Try cleaning your IAC valve also. Here is a short how to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82s4ZfR2js