94 Toyota Camry no power to starter

Asked by Dec 16, 2012 at 02:21 AM about the 1994 Toyota Camry LE

I have a 94 Toyota Camry that won't start. It will not turn over and does not click. No power to the starter but power to
the dash lights. I replaced the starter and that didn't help.. Does anyone have any idea where to go from here?

92,065

The starter has a big wire from the battery. It also has a small wire from the ignition key that fires the solenoid. Check your fuses for an ignition fuse. It should be about a 10-20 amp fuse.

230

I had the same problem and ended up being the ignition switch..Can test by locating black wire with red stripe that connects to starter.Skin about one half inch of insulation from wire then take another wire about 24 inches long and twist it to spot on wire you removed insulation from.Have another person try cranking the car as you hold end of new wire to positive post of battery..If it starts and runs then replace ignition switch...Still using the jumper wire myself...

230

PS that was after about 200 bucks of wasted cash from others suggestions...

30

check your starter relay left front kick panel there are a few flasher relays and your starter relay is in there alsoyou will know it when you see it says starter relay .so if you can start your car by using a jumper as mentioned prior to this post then this is most likely the problem.test it before you spend that much money on a new starter relay they are not cheap.to me anyway gl that's all I know im to dam tired to think anymore gn\

2,885

Always check fuse box first then cable ends Then wire connection then relays Make sure Juice in battery!cl ,,main fuse

2,885

The is that your cable end on google if if is You might not be getting any current from there Ck again take off and cleanse real. Good I've seen Lead ends melt and corrode from inside out. Start there it may not be Able to pass through there,I'm not kidding, that's bad

2,885

You no this car has three fuse boxs Check them all fuses Main fuses also most time it's simple stuff that gets you Let me know

2,885

Main fuse ck

100

I have the same problem checked the starter relay...good battery...can hear the fuel pump working but nothing from the motor...did the jumper wire and same thing happens...engine does not turn over...

2,885

Could have a bad ing switch or bad neutral safety switch also check coils. Your not done yet Also,ck main fuses

2,885

Ck hot to coil when switch ing. Is on

25

Hello, HELP ME..im having a similar problem, but we can notice and see that when the car shuts off or wont start up, it will not be showing the check engine light lit on the dash when turning the key to on position ..(so picture all the lights flash on the dash like normal when turning on key first time, except the check engine light).. and crank crank crank but no start! cut key off and wait then turn the key back on and sometimes the check engine light lights up along with all the other gauges and it will start like normal.. then shut off at random time . basically no check engine flash when turning the key to run , and then wont start, if the light lights with others it fires every time..!! help me onslowpainting@gmail.com

20

my 1994 camry did the same and it turned out to be the black wire thatt came from started was bad

20

we did the jumper wire but it keeps killing the battery why