changing factory speakers.

25

Asked by May 12, 2007 at 12:14 AM about the 1994 Toyota Camry SE V6 Coupe

Hello!I've been trying to change the speakers in my camry .But the thing is when i try to take off the front door pannel all the screws on the side of the door and the bottom come's out but then the pannel still won't budge.Now i've been trying to change the rear speaker's as well but i can't find out how they come out because the cover's don't budge and they don't come out from the inside of the trunk either.So cg can you please tell me step by step how to take the front and rear speaker's out so i can put some better high performance speaker's in them because i had to change the toyota factory stereo because the cd kept skipping and damaging my cd's.Please explain to me carefully especially with the rear because i tried everything and i just can't see how they come out!And i'm very good with my hand's.But this is the first toyota i ever had and some thing's are more tricky than american car's.So e-mail me asap . Thank you!

30,925

I am assuming that the panels aren't budging because there is probably a screw hidden somewhere that you are not removing. The panels aren't held in by clips or anything else so if you are removing ALL of the screws it would come off easily. I know that some automakers put a screw in the arm rest on the door (sometimes there is a panel that lifts up and exposes a screw.) Check there and see if that works. Barring that I would have to swing by a Toyota dealer and ask them how to do it. I am sure they wouldn't charge you anything if you just ask where all of the screws are.