when the car running and when i open fuel cup, a compress gas blow very strongly ,,, is that normal

25

Asked by Jun 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM about the 1993 Toyota Camry XLE

when the car running and when i open  fuel cup, a compress gas blow very strongly ,,, is
that normal

3,400

This might be normal. Perhaps someone with more Toyota knowledge will chime in. Your vehicles EVAP system will use either pressure or vaccum to self check for leaks. The question is WHY are you opening the fuel filler while the car is running? Is your check engine light on?

Best Answer
92,785

Yes it is normal, but you should never remove the cap with the engine running, that vapor is highly flammable if there is any possible ignition source around you will set yourself as well as anything or anyone close on fire with the risk of an explosion.

25

thank you my friend but i open it because i have pinging and knock because of fuel type its the only type in my country ,the sound coming with air condition when i pres switch , i change fuel pump and filter and nozzle and i have code 52 ..... please help

92,785

Code 52 is a knock sensor code, you stated that it pings and knocks from bad fuel, I would get some octane booster and add it to the tank. if you can get it there it's called 104 octane booster, sounds like that is what you need. Dump a can in and reset your code and drive it see if that helps.

25

thanks my friend i will try it