'93 Toyota Camry runs for 10-20 minutes then dies and won't start

Asked by Jul 19, 2016 at 10:31 PM about the 1993 Toyota Camry LE

My car will start and run for about twenty minutes, after which it will die and
not start again for an hour or so. I have tried replacing the ignition coil, the
ignition control module, the heat sensor, the fuel filter, i replaced the battery
and had diagnostics run at Advanced Auto Parts. So far none of that has
helped. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

1,500

Is the CEL(Check Engine Light) ON when the Engine is running? Next time it will not start...try banging on the bottom of the gas tank with the palm of your hand while someone tries to start the vehicle. You may have a bad Fuel Pump.

The CEL is not on.

1,500

OK...when you say the car will not start...do you mean the car will not Crank,...,,as if the Battery is dead?......or....the engine cranks well...but she will not fire up and run?

The car cranks but will not fire up and run.

1,500

OK...at this point what we would normally do is to install a Fuel Pressure Gauge to check fuel delivery....a Spark Tester to check for spark at the spark plugs.....and...a Noid Test Light at the Injectors to check to see if the computer is commanding fuel Injector Pulses. Absent any or all of this equipment....and....the skills needed to use it.....about all YOU can do is perform a good visual inspection under the Hood looking for loose or corroded electrical connections. The fuel pump test....banging on the bottom of the gas tank...may indicate a bad fuel pump. If she starts up ...after a good whack.....pump is bad.