I have a 1992 Toyota Camry XLE v6 the rear passenger window goes up with the master switch and independent switch but won't go down with either I've replaced both switches and the window regulater and still the same problem what is wrong with it I need help please

Asked by Apr 16, 2013 at 08:08 PM about the 1992 Toyota Camry XLE

the power source is being interrupted. I'd first look at the battery to make sure it's been hosed clean of corrosion, wirebrush the terminals so they can pull 300 CCA, and the black wire leading to the chassis, this one gets corroded too, and shoud be wirebrushed clean, the cable to the block both ends and washers that hold them in, needless to say we should have a new battery, excellent 300 cold-cranking amp connections, the power to your motor circuit should be complete then and will start working with confident ground~

you need a new battery.

connections to the chassis cannot be neglected~

I've put a new battery and brand new posts

That is very strange. The window motor is direct current. It uses the same wires and switch for both directions. The switch changes the polarity of the wires and you can check the old switch with the meter to see if you have continuity in both directions.

I used a power probe and there was continuity going up and down but when I use the switch alone it won't go down

You have power into the switch and none going out. It's either the switch or the wire/connection at the connector. There is nothing else.

The switch is brand new I even used the switch from a door that worked and the same thing when I disconnected the switch there was green on the tips of the wire that connects into the switch

The green is corrosion of the copper / brass / bronze used for the contacts. I would think that the act of plugging the connector in would clean it enough to pass current.

wish I could afford a power probe, would help me with my turnsignal problem~....okay next payday~

I don't have a power probe. I have over a dozen multi meters. Three or four clamp on amp meters.

Amazon has one for $50

gotta have that breaker on there and a momentary pushbutton-

So should I just wreck my car and get an insurance claim to get a new one lol

It's the rear passenger window - cut the wires and leave it up... It gives the car character.

Lol but I want all my windows to work