From where and why is there water build-up on the passenger side floor board?

165

Asked by May 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM about the 1992 Toyota Camry SE V6

It is not raining, but I'm getting water on my floorboard, passenger side, front and back.
It only took 10 minutes, 4-1/2 miles to over heat my '92 Camry. Buried the needle....
The thermostat has been changed, still over heating, still water on floor, not hot water either.  Please help!!!???

not coolant either?

165

Not that I can tell, or smell. I'll soak some up in a rag and wring it out in a clear container and get back to you.

165

I soaked up some from the back floorboard and it was brownish color. The coolant at the top of my coolant system is green. Still no "coolant smell."

975

Sounds like two separate problems, one is a cooling system issue, and the other is an AC drain that is clogged. On the cooling system issue, you can go to Youtube and lookup "Eric the Car Guy" video on how to diagnose a cooling system. From what you describe, after changing the thermostat check that it's a good one and that the springs are installed FACING the engine. Otherwise the jiggle valve won't properly let coolant on the needle of the thermostat and let it get hot enough to open. There MUST be a trickle running through the system while the engine is cold. Another possible issue is your cooling fans aren't working, but since it overheated so quickly I'm guessing the thermostat is still an issue. AS A TEST ONLY, remove the thermostat, re-attach the housing and hose of course, and see if the car still overheats 10 minutes down the road. DO NOT DRIVE PERMANENTLY WITHOUT A THERMOSTAT.

165

Thanks, Joshua. I'll give it a try. I have yet to figure this one out. The guys at work say my heating core is leaking and my fan (not an electric one) is not running hard enough (air flow) to cool as well.

975

It's possible the clutch is worn out in the fan causing the overheating issue.

How did you soak it up? with a shop vac? or some paper towels...a hair dryer? is it dry or still spongin' it on up?