Asked by Apr 09, 2016 at 12:50 AM about the 1992 Toyota Camry LE

I have a 92 Camry there's a clip that's
disconnected. And it  has a 40 amp fuse
stuck in it.  The clip comes out of the.
Positive battery cable harness and the other
end looks like it's by the headlight there's
three wires going from the harness and one
black and white wire at the other end.  
what's this clip ,and should I reconnect it as
it is it runs. But the hazard lights flash. On
and off for 15 secs. Please help.

What Engine is in this vehicle? Do the HEADLIGHTS work? Do you have any Aftermarket Accessories installed?

I suspect you have a made for Canadian use vehicle and the black wire goes to the Daytime Running Light Relay. Do all electrical items work including the Head Lights? Does the vehicle run and operate properly?

It's a 2.2 4 cylinder 92 Camry it doesn't have any aftermarket parts except CD player. The lights do work except the dash lights. And the other weird thing about the car is that the hazards flash on and off for about ten to fifteen minutes every time you move in the car but only after putting the key in the ignition. Please lmk if I should plug that clip back in. And what it is for thank you.

You might have a malfunction in this vehicle's Theft Deterrent System. Locate the HAZARD FUSE and pull it. If the problem does not go away...you might have a problem with an aftermarket alarm system. Are you the first owner of this vehicle......or...was this someone else's headache?

Someone else's. I just bought it but it doesn't have a alarm system. But my question is what is the clip and should I plug it in if it runs fine except the hazard light thing which isn't a big deal to me. The plug has a fuse in it the guy I bought it from says it was like that when he bought it. also there's a switch that bypasses the ignition it goes from the solenoid wire to the switch then to the positive battery, I'm thinking the ignition module went out so they by passed it since I read those fuses are around 150$ could that be why the clips unplugged with a fuse stuck in it and what's the clip for. Please help me with this I want to sell it but I don't want to sell it before I know it's safe.

The plot seems to get thicker and thicker as we learn more and more about the HISTORY of this vehicle. The "mystery Fuse" I believe is for the Day Time Running Light System. It would be interesting to see what would happen if it was connected properly. That's a decision YOU will have to make. Be prepared to pull that 40 amp fuse if you see any SMOKE. The fact that a By Pass switch has been installed seems to indicate someone's attempt to bypass a problem with the Theft Deterrent System. If there is an Owner's Manual present for this vehicle...you might want to read how this system functions. Good Luck

Can anyone tell me what the clip is for thank you.

Can you post a picture of this "clip"?