vibration in right passenger side wheel

40

Asked by Sep 15, 2013 at 04:12 PM about the 1992 Toyota Camry LE

i have a 1992 toyota camry. i went an had a new control arm installed but the car still
makes the same noise and vibration when i drive it and it gets up to 45 to 50 miles per
hour and its only on that side. i had a tire rotation and the control arm put on. i was told
it was my ball joint making that noise. Every shop i go to tells me something different. i
dont want to spend money again on something thats not going to fix the problem.
please help. could it maybe be the wheel bearings? im so lost

28,675

take it back to the place that charged you money to fix a problem that is still there. They should stand behind their work and verify a repair. that doesn't mean they will but they should.

1,650

a wheel bearing bad enough to vibrate should be making a good bit of noise.are you positive they rotated the tires ? rear ball joint making a noise and vibration ? be very suspicious and ask that anyone who advises a repair guarantees it will cure the problem.

40

It's a vibration.. Kinda like the tire is wobbling though at a certain speed. Like around 45-55 mph. If I get an alignment (because I was told I need one. A camber alignment. The car drives straight though) and I fix something like the ball joint will I have to get another alignment?

1,650

yes, it should be realigned after a ball joint. if it was aligned after the control arm, and it should have been, they should have informed you of the ball joint before aligning. i am a little confused though, all this relates to the rear of the car or are we talking 4 wheel alignment and a front ball joint ? you are positive the tires were rotated and the vibration stayed on the right rear, correct ?. front end alignment and front ball joint won't make the right rear vibrate..

40

I havn't gotten an alignment yet.. I feel the vibration in the front passenger side.

1,650

ok, i guess i got a little lost. i'm back now. the lower control arm has the ball joint bolted to it and should have been replaced with the control arm if it was questionable. there is no upper ball joint on this car. a loose ball joint usually makes a knocking noise, or a thump if you prefer, when hitting bumps. the bearing noise will be fairly constant and seem more like a roar or growl. the ball joint can be bought reasonably and is not extremely difficult to install. the front axel shaft bearing is rather difficult and expensive to replace. alignment should be done once the repair is made. hope this helps.

1,650

i'm back again. i should have mentioned the possibility of a bad strut(shock absorber) or upper strut mount (bearing) as other possible sources of a problem and should be checked when you attempt to verify the bad ball joint. either one could sound like a bad ball joint.

40

My struts are bad. I'll probably get my struts fixes and get an alignment and see if that fixes the problem. Thank you

40

can anybody tell me what light bulbs fit in this piece for my 1992 toyota camry. its the center tail light

45

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070905121351AAFeyTo