I have a 1990 Toyota Camry Dx v6

5

Asked by Sep 03, 2016 at 05:17 PM about the 1990 Toyota Camry DX Wagon

I have a 1990 Toyota Camry v6 do from Japan and it will not start new fuel
filter changed oil and bought a gaskets kit for intake and such. cranks and
starts with fluid but doesnt stay running there is an after market viper 350hz
with keyless entry door do not stay locked. Disconnected the the splice from
alarm to ignition at ignition wire only not at alarm

1,020

You might consider checking for spark at the spark plugs with an inexpensive tester purchased at a parts store. Also a 12volt test light and a Digital volt ohm meter will help diagnose this issue, Get back to us when you are reader to perform a few diagnostic procedures. That Aftermarket Viper System is certainly suspect. Do you have any literature or wiring diagrams for said system?

5

I work a property and maintain it while working on cars to make money . I found everything I needed in the machine shop. Stepdad is a badass. This car has been floating from owner to owner and it looks as tho each person has tried to rig their own alarm bypass using relays which is not a issue except the wiring harness is to the point where it shouldn't be tampered with at all its old and I'd have together a brand new one from what the ones at the pic a part places look like

1,020

Ok...understood. A vehicle with this history requires you start with the BASICS. Make sure the Engine oil is at the proper level and of good quality. If it smells like gasoline....do not attempt to start her up. I would be inclined to pull the Spark Plugs for inspection and do a Compression Test of each cylinder. I would then check for Quality of SPARK at each spark plug wire. I would install a Fuel PRESSURE GAUGE at the filter and compare fuel pressure to specs. I would purchase an inexpensive NOID LITE to check Computer fuel injector pulses. She's got to have COMPRESSION....FUEL.....and SPARK in order to fire up. Get back to us with results.

5

Compression test was done when I had pulled the intake manifold off and cleave the TPS and the throttle body as well separately along with MAIS . I will start with smelling the oil and then to the quality of spark and so on Just need to finish the last few chores here then I'll jump back in the shop. I really appricate the help I been on this car for about a month and a half

5

One other thing the gas that I siphoned from the tank was green like a deep green

5

This was an early pic I took but it's green

1,020

When a vehicle sits around for awhile without frequent starts.....Things start to grow in the Tank especially around the Filter/Sock at the Fuel Pump. If the Gas does not look/smell right...might as well drop the tank for inspection and a good cleanout.

5

Fuel has been purchased and will be here on the 9th as I don't like autozone or oriellys not offense to either it's just don't go ther unless I'm getting additives or wipers and oil I did have a bit of a funny suspicion that maybe the charcoal canister may need to be replaced as I have changed the gas cap twice now and I keep getting very large amount of vapors released while taking the cap off I did it at first I wait about 4 hours then there then I went back randomly every so often and it was the same thing every time I have stop since about 625 pacific standard time. The vehicle starts up no problem now with starting fluid although it sounds like maybe timing could be off so I'm going to take the pasenger side weheel off and the cylinder 1 spark plug out and put it back to tdc an start from there again but not until the fuel pump and quality of spark has been checked again and confirmed to do this I'm doing to need remove the intake manifold? I think I'm not completely sure the backfire occur Ed closest to the front intake pip on the distributor side I watched it pop can that be because of the non pulsing injectors which I don't the equipment to do atmunfortunately but I believe there is a way to kinda do it using a stethoscope ohm test reviewed the battery at 15.72'ohms I have also downloaded a wiring harnes cheat sheet and I have tha harnes manual for the vihicle and

5

Fuel pump lol whew it's been a leg day

1,020

Can you gain access to the fuel pump through the rear seat on this vehicle? If so.....why not remove same and inspect the Fuel Pump Assembly and the inside of the tank? Lot easier than Rippen and tearing at the Engine. We always do the easiest and cheapest testing/repair FIRST.

1,020

JANS.....any updates on the issue with this vehicle?