1990 toyota camry had the cooling fan relay plug in the fuse block in engine bay jumped , shorted now no power to fan or to run engine. cranks ok, something clicked when the short happened. what powers up that relay ?

10

Asked by Apr 17, 2014 at 09:47 AM about the 1990 Toyota Camry STD

this old camry colling fans were not working. opened up fuse block in engine bay. located and pulled fan relay, jumped two of the four terminals got fan to work...jumped other two and there was a "click" then there was no power to the other plugs that I just jumped. there was a short somewhere. need to know what powers that fan relay. this camry won't start now also.

38,215

Did the car start and run before you messed around with the relays?

10

yes the guy drove it up to the shop . with a "cooling fan" issue... im going to replace the "engine main" relay... 25$ at napa

38,215

I was going to suggest checking the engine main as well as the 40 amp and 30 amp fuses.

10

fuses are good tested with meter. there is a set of 3 that are on a block on the pos. cable post, the black one in the middle is stuck in place. but "looks" clean and can see in the window on top, has no burn look.

3,065

Take the wire off switch at thermostat housing one wire ground it fan schould come on make sure key is on pos.if fan not come on when grounded relay is bad two relays on engine relay box swith to prove Ac fan come on when ac is turned on. Engine come on a 187 degree It on side of switch