2005 Toyota Avalon Touring with 74k miles has a front end noise while braking

5

Asked by Jun 12, 2013 at 01:09 AM about the 2005 Toyota Avalon Touring

I have a 2005 Toyota Avalon, with 74,000 miles and has never been in an accident. I was
experiencing extreme shaking and vibrating while braking. Found that the calipers were
frozen. I had the calipers, brakes and rotors replaced.Then I bought 4 new Goodyear tires
installed and then had an alignment. Ever since the tires were replaced I have had a
clicking noise coming from the front end as I brake to a stop. There is also a noise that
sounds like a chassis spring noise. Always as I am braking or street driving at a slow
speed, never while braking in reverse (as in parallel parking) . I took the car back to have
the tires checked. Sears told me that the tires were fine but the alignment was out, they
realigned the car and sent me on my way. The noise has not changed. I am being told that
it sounds like a strut issue, but the car only has 74,000 miles?? I have ordered new tires.
When the tires are being changed they will inspect the struts and we shall see. Do you
have any idea on what is going on with my car???

the clicking noise is coming from the brakes...these things need special lithium grease on the slides...either they did not use lithium grease or failed to tighten the slides (studs)....if rotors were machined by an amateur hand would cut a spiral causing the pads to click with speed when the brakes are applied. Have the brake guys assure you that the brake studs are tight and well lubricated with lithium grease~

and rotors are smooth without any 'groovy' influence~