1994 Suzuki Sidekick 4 cyl 16 valve idles roughly and stalls at 3000 rpm

40

Asked by Jul 09, 2013 at 09:39 PM about the 1994 Suzuki Sidekick 4 Dr JS SUV

1994 Suzuki Sidekick 4 cyl 16 valve idles rough, late acceleration, and stalls at 3000 rpm.  
I've cleaned the IAC valve, EGR valve, new o2 sensor, cat is good and exhaust gaskets
have been replaced, TPS tested good, PVC valve is new, new gas filter, but I am waiting
for my fuel injectors from service.  Starts immediately.  Why the rough idle and stalling?

look for a cracked butyl rubber vacuum line...old enough for them to become brittle and start leakin' replace them one at a time with silicone vacuum hose~

think yours has a vacuum advance bellows...be sure it is bellowin'~

take a look at the inside of your distributor cap to make sure it isn't cracked and the spring-pusher contact at the center~

19,625

do a compression test

16 valve can jump just ONE tooth and run like poop~ check the chain tensioner to make sure it's not run out of tension~

..easy, check the alignment marks at TDC~

40

What do you think about a bad MAP sensor?

well that would instantly toss up a Check engine light for one...the purpose of this device is to see on a teeny tiny grid if certain molecules appear and measure the molecules, then adjust the air/fuel mixture accordingly....to comply with SMOG regulations~ if it cannot measure the atoms it will go into a tizzy and into "limp mode" sometimes the CEL will flash if critical damage may occur...change all your filters and the positive crankcase valve (about four bucks) then it should not be getting clobbered up with oil so that it cannot measure tiny changes in flow~

OH, that's a MAF sensor I described...the MAP sensor is after the EGR to verify that the EGR is working properly~

40

My sidekick doesn't have a MAP sensor. It has a MAF that is located next to the air filter. There are no air leaks, fuel filters were cleaned. Despite the rough idle and engine stall right before 3000 rpms, error code is 12 which means normal. My next part replacement is the MAF which I found on eBay for $70. If that doesn't work then I will be replacing the PCM.

40

I forgot to mention distributor cap and spark plugs are new.

40

I meant fuel injectors not fuel filters though fuel filter is new.

MY JEEP HAS A HESITATION MISS AT LOW REV...WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE