2006 trail blazer

Asked by Jul 03, 2013 at 09:04 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD

Yes new on this sight so please over look my typing .I have a 2006 trail blazer and it runs good But i do have elec prob. The drivers side master control acts like it has no power going to it .The prob started out slow and now it is all the time . I have no p/w just front two no p/m -p/door locks and dome light after parking for the night .I can work the rear p/w and door locks by using the controls in the rear.This as i said started out slow and got worse over time .This prob started a few days be for i took it in to the dealer ship to have a recall done on the drivers side door per  (elec fire prob )

246,385

So have you considered replacing the switch? If not, you will have to do some electrical wiring probing. Sounds like you have a loose or broken connection somewhere. Have a local mechanic look it over for you vs the dealer.

68,495

Welcome bigpaul, sounds like you have a bad connection under the dash where the door wire harness plugs into the body wire harness. I'd check that connector first. Make sure it's in good condition (nothing burnt or melting) and tight. If that's ok remove the flexible "tube" between the door and body of the vehicle. Inspect the wires there for breakage or wear. Since that door is used most and the wires flex each time the door is opened and closed they are most prone to wear. HTH. -Jim