Windows won't work

10

Asked by Dec 09, 2010 at 06:49 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD

I have a 2006 chevy trailblazer and the windows will not roll down in the front by the drivers side or the passenger side. The windows in the back roll down if operated by the swiches in the back. Oh and not to mention the door locks will not operate either. I am so done with this car!!! Nothing but problems one after another with this thing.

2,035

To me, it sounds like there's a problem in the connection(s) between the door harnesses and the main body harness, or in the individual connectors behind the interior door panels themselves. These can be difficult to access without the proper tools, unless you like breaking plastic body clips and wrecking the panels. You may also have problems with rattling and other such noises after reassembly unless it has been done just so. Just something to bear in mind if you're planning on fixing it yourself. Did you happen to have a stereo or speakers or anything similar installed recently? If so, I would take it back to whoever did the job and have them take care of the issue, unless it was happening before the installation. Hope this helps.

10

I haven't had anything electrical done to the car. No radios or speakers just stock. I 'll check the harness...thanks for ur input.

2,035

Certainly. Please let me know if this doesn't pan out, or if you find anything new, etc, and I do my best to help you resolve this issue.

3,075

You could have a faulty master switch. i believe the lock switch is integrated into the window switch assembly. Make sure you have power and ground present at the switch and then probe the power window motor and see if you have battery voltage at the motor and that should tell you where your problem lies.

45

I have an 03 and have the same problem - but it's only 1 of my rear windows! These are awesome trucks, but when one problem starts it does seem like chain reaction of bad events that follow. Good luck with your truck! All the best + Merry Christmas!

2,035

Your issue sounds much more like a faulty window regulator, which is commonly the issue when only one window stops working. Multiple windows failing at the same time generally points to a larger electrical issue.

the switch on driver door is bad.

40

They just recalled it for the drivers side door, the notice said that melted snow/ice (probably exessive water too) would cause the windows and locks to stop working/ operate themselves. If you take it to the dealership I belive they can fix it for you (if you have a 2006 and the letter)

40

Fluid may enter the driver's door module, causing corrosion that could result in a short circuit in the door module. A short circuit may cause the power door lock and power window switches to function intermittently or become inoperative. The short may also cause overheating, which could melt components of the door module, producing an odor, smoke, or a fire. Dealers will inspect the driver's door module, if it is functioning correctly, a protective coating will be applied. If the module is not functioning correctly, it will be replaced. The GM recall number is 12180.

20

What dose installing a stero have to do with the windows &locks?

20

I left my window halfway down through the whole night and it was raining till the next morning and when I came to the truck to pick up my window it will not go up at all or it won't lock either from the driver side you might know what it can cause that issue for not to work just the driver's side window the control switches to lift my windows