My Enhanced Traction System light has come on twice.

Diane Heath

Asked by Jul 16, 2013 at 08:14 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet HHR LT

So my T/S light (ETS) on my 2006 HHR has come on twice now. It's usually after a
long drive. While it's on I have noticed my car shifts rougher than normal. When I start
my car the next day the light is off and I have no shifting problems. I took it to a local
mechanic to have the car scanned for codes. When I picked it up they told me that the
Cam Shaft Position Valve needed to be replaced. No codes are written on my paper. I
tried looking up the part and there is no cam shaft position valve listed. It's gong to run
me another $495. to change it. Special order part. I told them to wait until I can come
up with the money. Anyone able to give me a clue to what's going on?

I'm going to say that it is the electrical health of your vehicle...there is a cable that wants to see 300 CCA with every start...this one is bolted to the frame/chassis with a single connection must take a coarse wirebrush and brush all the corrosion and paint off of there so the 300 or so CCA can get and at the engine block connection...get a NEW battery if more than five will ruin an otherwise perfectly good alternator~...this BIG amperage draw and the teeny- weeny 1.5 mA amount the ECM and Dashboard use are THE SAME connection point...well everytime you start the car this connection is going to "weld" itself and the resultant ground will vary, along with the available amperage and if you can get the connection nice and clean we will not have computer problems anymore...make sense...of course.~

Diane Heath

Well that definitely won't hurt to do although everything looks clean I'll have it done. Thanks