I have a 1992 Subaru Loyale. The back lift gate handle is stuck or jammed (gate is closed). How can I open it? Also, how do I get the back split seats to lay down?

Asked by Mar 11, 2014 at 01:25 PM about the 1992 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD Wagon

The back gate is closed, but the handle won't move to open it.  Also, found knobs on top of rear seats, but can't figure out how to get them to lay down.  They seem to screw in & out, but the seats don't budge.

30

The back hatch handle rod and springs get crosion from the road so you need to spray it with some wd 40 that should solve that issue.

Best Answer

TY so much, Jess! Will try that right away! Always have the "40" around, just in case! (BTW, I figured out how to lay the back seats down--knobs pull up! DUH! Passenger side needs more strength than I used) Regards from R.I., Laura