New to me Subaru 1992 Loyale Wagon, 356,000km or 222,500 miles - dealer maintained, one owner - how long can she live for?

Asked by Jul 01, 2007 at 10:30 AM about the 1992 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD Wagon

29,615

its a really tough question to answer. As long as maintenance is done and she is taken care of there really is no telling how long it could last. You are, as on any car that old, going to see more and more things going wrong, and you are going to have to ask yourself when does replacing failing parts become too much. I hope it lasts a long time for you!

10

The car will never die check this link to view just some Loyale owners http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2996581?cmd=related&order=1 I have a 92 Loyale myself, and I won't part with it.... it literally is bombproof!

I had a sweet 1992 subaru layale wagon. it had the orange push button 4x4 button on top of the shifter. I did everything with that car, including hauling wood. i would fold the seats down and fill her up. I entered her I the county mud run and got 5th, granted I had to kick the floor back down afterwords. I sold her for $500 4 years ago, thinking she was on her last leg at 133,000 miles. I talked to the guy that ownes it now. he said all hes done is replace a cv joint. i asked if i could buy it back, he smirked and said not a chance. you got a good car there!!

5,705

I have a 93 Legacy AWD wagon that my parents have had since 93, it has 173k miles on the body first motor went at 152K miles first tranny lost second gear at 172k miles and I replaced both myself,and as long as the car is not completely un repairable I will continue to fix it... I have some big plans for it in the works too!

i guess will find out together.....i own a 1992 awd loyal wagon...its got the same miles on it as you do....ive owned it for about 4 yrs...replaced fuel pump...and injector....has a throtl...body 1.8....its a stick...with gas as high as it is i wont part with it....i get about 38miles per gallon....its a lil slow to start out from a stop light...but i could slam and jam gears and peel out if needed...but why? i live in mississippi...hilly area...and it dont do well climbing steep ones in 5th gear.....gotta down shift and give it gas....but on open flat hwy....it purrs.....my check eng light has been on since i bought it...never had it checked??not sure why?? tires are cheep...get a new set of 4...mounted...$140.00...wal-mart

and when i was looking for used parts for this car...most r avil.at auto part stores...such as brakes,radiators,alt.starters...simple stuf....but i did try a few junk yards and they couldnt come up with parts...when i asked why...they told me there wasnt enough in the yards...and thats due to the reliability of the cars....the crapier the car the more they go to the yards...go figure....

415

Yeah treat the car well and it will treat you well, these cars are great, very reliable and fun.