1992 Subaru Loyale Rear Strut Tower Rust

Asked by Jan 25, 2008 at 10:17 PM about the 1992 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Sedan

I have a 1992 Subaur Loyale 4x4 Sedan I love this car and it runs great.  I'm starting to get the usual rust on the rear strut towers is there a way I can fix this?

40,315

I would suggest sanding and undercoating the area to remove as much of the rust as you can. Spray paint it with something like POR-15, which actually encapsulates rust and prevents it from expanding. Depending how far along it is, welding may be your only option, but it sounds like you are early enough on that you could nip this in the bud.