the steering wheel is stuck on being up

Asked by Dec 21, 2015 at 08:00 AM about the 1992 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD Sedan

I pulled the steering wheel up n this time a black piece came out, I just pushed
the black piece back in n the wheel went up. Now when I pull the lil lever to pull
the wheel  back down, it won't budge. Have never had trouble w/it before

37,905

The steering column will need to be tore down to that point to see what is broke...

Nothing is broken...Maybe stuck but deffinately nothing is broken.

37,905

Well if you can't get her to work fiddle farting around with it, you are going to have to get down to the problem by taking it apart. I don't know how else to see...

2,800

Remove the plasticware and take a look. Maybe it's hinting that you should escape quickly to another vehicle?

To all..This is a 2nd vehicle that has 78+ thousand miles on it, has no dents is like brand new inside..So am going to quit following your answers..To all be blessed

2,800

The point is that Subies age out...even on the left coast. The '85-92 1.8 Gl/DL/Loyale motor is infamous for snapping left side t-belts, too, as they're under-specced for the fairly torquey 1.8 motor. Surprised you're keeping this flawed first attempt by Subie at OHC design. The coincident Legacy 2.2 OHC motor was FAR more evolved and durable. But good luck. I fear you'll need it....

I'm not since a friend has replaced both T belts n all but completely redid the engine..To bad you have fear cuz I don't//I know what I have n sounds like you go by what you think not what you know..FYI, my friend does racing n his mechanics work only only on Porches, he made this lil car of mine his lil project n redid belts, T belts etc. Yes , I'm blessed!!!!!!

Like I posted earlier..PLS stop answering question cuz all answers come from people who don't even have a clue to what the true issue is..just going on what you all think..Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no one has that kind of mind...Be blessed everyone and pls quit answering question again, already posted am not following the question..

2,800

Sounds like that time of the year....