What is the best way to remove/replace a fuel injector on a 1991 Subaru loyale

Asked by Jul 08, 2017 at 02:04 AM about the 1991 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

The car stopped fairly ubruptly. I have found that the fuel injector in my
Subaru is plugged or not working, there is almost no gas going into the
engine. I can get it to fire but it just dies. What is the best way to remove the
injector (I was having trouble doing it) and what are some ways I can clean or
troubleshoot the injector?

80,045

You can always try a good fuel injector cleaner. I like Techron. I would suggest that you replace the fuel filter and check the fuel pressure.

5,710

PULL HARD! Except when you state "the" fuel injector I wonder if you know what you're referring to, as their are FOUR of them. F_O_R's suggestion is a good one, as the blockage is probably elsewhere. I'd also remove and spray-clean the throttle body soon, too, as otherwise you may have a jumpy or bad idle that will confuse you too.