Steven Strack

Asked by Mar 19, 2016 at 08:01 PM about the 1991 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

I have a 91 loyale. My heater buttons are not
changing where the heat goes defroster, heat,

Hey Steve. This is taking me back aways, but I seem to remember these buttons getting stuck by food and dried beverage syrups (sweetened coffee, Coke) getting in between and behind them. So remove the panel and give it a good cleaning and drying to start.

Bill Tanhoff

I had the same problem and for me it was easy fix there is a vacuum line that runs into then out of a vacuum canister then through firewall which changes the settings. It is top of firewall in the open by air intake for blower motor and towards engine from windshield wipers