is there a way to bleed air from fuel injection on a 91 Loyale

Asked by Feb 12, 2014 at 09:18 PM about the 1991 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

I changed the fuel filter and after starting it  runs rough and dies like its not getting fuel.

415

That's strange, cause i just changed my fuel filter recently, you just have to depressurize the fuel system by disconnecting the fuse for the fuel pump and run the engine till it runs out of fuel in the lines, then they say to change out filter. I had no air problems when i did it, so maybe it's something else? Did you install the filter so the word 'out' on the filter is facing to the front? easy mistake.