I have a tick what could it be

35

Asked by Jul 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM about the 1991 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

So i have a 91 subaru loyale and when ever I accelerate it starts to tick very loud and when I let off the gas it stops I dont get why.

35

I had it looked at and they don't even know And it just reached 167,000 miles haven't even breached 200.

5,695

Most likely lifter tick as Cody said, Subarus with the EJ22 like in your car have hydraulic valve lash adjustment and are notorious for lifter tick, changing oils will help it but to completely fix it could mean tearing into the engine and removing the lifters and cleaning out the little ports in them or possibly but not as likely replacing them. I had to do the same thing with my 93.

35

NOt what you guys thought thanks for your help tho somthing a little more serious

35

Its the transmition